Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Erik Twist and the J word

In PART 7 he tackles justification, one section is here:

Essentially, justification was not simply a declaration about my status before God, instantaneously achieved at the point of my "conversion." It was organically tied to the sanctification Christ began in me at my baptism and each day offers my participation in. Just as I needed to be physically generated to enter into the world, at my baptism my soul was regenerated so as to enter into God's kingdom. This spiritual regeneration must be lived into though. Just as my physical regeneration requires appropriate action (eating, sleeping, etc.) my spiritual regeneration requires the same. The salvation that Christ affects is not a badge to be worn, but a lifestyle to be appropriated; our reconstituted being orients and directs our becoming.

No comments: