Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Jesuit mission to Islam...at Fordham?

Well, I always thought if I were a Catholic monk I would want to be a Jesuit, especially after watching The Mission. Good to know they still have some fire in their belly, so to speak. Great article here, and not how if we do not GO TO THEM, God will BRING THEM TO US. So next time you want to complain about the mass migration of Muslims to the West, remember, it's our fault. We didn't go to them. But God will not be mocked. He will bring them to us.

...“That’s just it,” she exclaimed, as both her biography and her concern came pouring out of her. “I don’t know what I’m asking. Everything is in flux! I’ve gone to mosque every week. Everyone there always had answers. They told me they were God’s answers, and that if I didn’t accept them I would be damned. I’ve worn the hijab [the veil many Muslim women wear] since I was six. I’ve taught Arabic to small children so that they could read the Koran, and now I don’t want to take Arabic as my modern language in college! I’ve come to think of God and God’s place in my life in a whole new way. This course has convinced me that God is real and that God is in my life, but now I don’t know what to make of my religion.”[...]

No comments: