Sunday, April 01, 2007

Actions Speak Louder than Words

Great testimony from a Muslim-background believer. No dreams or miracles, just the witness of kindness and goodness of two solid, Christian families. He is from Arabia and like most Muslims was taught that Christians are generally evil and that Muslims should not befriend them (an explicit command in the Quran).

After living in the student dormitory for about a month, I began to feel the need to become more familiar with the culture and way of life in the country I am in. During that time I heard of a program that helps international students by teaming them up with families from this country in order to help the international students learn more about the culture and way of life. Little did I know that it was a Christian Ministry. So I signed up for it; a decision that would change the course of my life forever. Almost two weeks later, a young couple from the program contacted me and indicated that they were the family assigned to work with me. And for the next seven months, this family showed me LOVE that far exceeded my expectations, LOVE I have never experienced before even from my own fellow Muslims. Later on that year, this family invited me over to their house for dinner. It was only then that I realized they were a Christian family, because they asked if they can pray, and I heard their prayer. I have to admit that my heart sank. I never realized that Christians are actually filled with such Love and not hate as my belief made it seem to me.


Read the whole thing here.

No comments: