Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Haggis? Tried it.



Lots of folks ask me if I've tried it. The answer is yes, I have. Once. Was it OK? It was OK and I ate everything on my plate. Did I love it? No.

From Wikipedia:

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish.

There are many recipes, most of which have in common the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.

3 comments:

Odysseus said...

It's things like that haggis that make me happy my Scottish ancestors stowed away on boats (to escape the penalties of their crimes) and came to America (where they could cause even more trouble!)

Abu Daoud said...

Yeah, it's not the best Scottish invention ever. But what do you say about Scotch Whiskey? :-)

Abu Daoud said...

I'm afraid I have to repeal my statement. My flatmate made some haggis last night and it was actually really good. The other stuff I'd had was pretty mushy and greasy. The stuff he made was much better. If it's good haggis, I do in fact like it.