Pastor Vruir Avanessian imprisoned in Iran



In Iran, pastor Vruir was put in jail on Christmas day of 2012, where he remains. This is a song of his. Here are the lyrics:


On a Saturday in the city of Nazareth

Jesus entered the synagogue

He opened the Heavenly book

And he read for the gathered people:



'The Spirit of the Lord has anointed me

To preach good news to the poor

To set the captives free

To heal the broken-hearted.'



On the road to the city of Jericho

The Lord Jesus was passing by.

A blind man called:

'Oh Jesus, Jesus, have mercy on me'



Jesus turned towards him and said,

'What do you want me to do for you?'

'Master, I want to see;

To gain my sight from your healing hands'



'The Spirit of God has anointed me

To give sight to the blind'

That day I heard the Lord proclaim:

'Go! Your faith has healed you!'

Pray for Pastor Vruir Avanessian and the Christians of Iran.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pakistan population may touch 292m mark by 2050

Missionary Secrets 4: our churches don't know what to do with us...

Ant Greenham's list of reasons for Muslims converting to Christ