Here is a prayer update from some colleagues in the country of Jordan where things are less stable than you might think. All names have been removed. Please keep this little country in your prayers:
...a huge demonstration/march that is being planned for this coming Friday, October 5th here in Amman. It will take place at around 1 p.m. (6 a.m. EST) after Friday prayers.
As you know, the Middle East has been in the news quite a bit lately. While countries to the north, east and west of us are grabbing the headlines, the weakening Jordanian economy is taking a toll on the poor and middle class. Over the past year, there have been demonstrations throughout the country. Most of those have been peaceful. Our prayer is that they continue to remain that way.
The organizers of the event this Friday have been voicing more and more that the government has had a year to come through on promises and it has fulfilled very little. There are two parties that both desire change, however, one wants political reform in cooperation with the government and the other party is calling for the participants to not back down and be heard no matter what the cost. The latter is being led by the Muslim Brotherhood.
In light of these events, we are asking you to pray for the following:
- Pray that those who intend to bring harm will have their plans exposed and that there would be disunity among their leadership.
- Pray that the demonstrations would remain peaceful and that there would be no casualties or injuries.
- Pray for peacemakers and wisdom for King Abdullah and the government. Also, pray for peace and stability in the country.
- Pray that God would use the current events to bring all those living in Jordan closer to the Prince of Peace.
- Thanks for praying with us and for your concern for our safety. Please be assured that we will be in a safe location during these demonstrations.
Your love and support is invaluable. [...]