- Archbishop James Harvey, 63, the Milwaukee-born prefect of the Papal Household;
- Patriarch Bechara Boutros al-Rai, 72, the Lebanon-based head of the worldwide, 5 million-member Maronite church;
- Major Archbishop Basilios Cleemis, 53, head of India's Syro-Malankara church – the first hierarch from the 600,000-member community to receive the red hat (and, by two years, set to become the youngest cardinal);
- Archbishop John Onaiyekan of Abuja (Nigeria), 68
- Archbishop Ruben Salazar Gomez of Bogotá, 70
- Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle of Manila, 55; head of Asia's largest diocese
HT to Whispers in the Loggia. And Kudos to the Successor of Peter, who still has not read my letter to him I think.
BTW, the College of Cardinals is the oldest existing democratic institution in the world. See how you learn awesome stuff on this blog?